Is Your Home Toxic?
Did you know that outdoor air pollution has been classified as a carcinogen (more on that here & here & here)? This means it causes cancer (Source: International Agency for Research on Cancer). Of course, air pollution varies from place to place. Heavily populated locations have the highest pollution rates because of increased industries and engines.
Before you pack your bags and move to the country or lock your doors and try to stay in your house…
Did you know that the chemical levels INDOORs are 70% higher than those outside? The EPA says that indoor air pollution is 2-5 times greater than the air outside. (source)
The average American spends 90% of their lives indoors.
We are surrounded by chemicals.
Everything from mattresses to couches to cabinets are “gassing out” in our home and providing toxic fumes for us to inhale.
Additionally, we are kinda adding to the problem by burning chemical-loaded candles, spritzing our surfaces and air with chemical sprays and even bathing ourselves in chemical-packed shampoos, soaps, and creams.
Don’t leave yet – this is gonna be good!
There is something we can all do to make our homes a cleaner, safer place to breathe.
There is 1 BIG thing you can do to radically remove many of the chemicals lurking around your home.
Have you heard about this yet?
Cleaning with just water.
It’s a big thing – like BIG.
There is a new line of cleaning products that will rock your world.
It’s called e-cloth and they are amazing.
These cloths are made of tiny micro-fibers. 1.6 million fibers per square inch to be exact. They are scientifically proven to remove over 99% of bacteria including eColi and listeria – with just water.
Super hygienic, sparkling, smear-free clean with just water.
When you use e-cloths you do not need harsh chemicals to clean.
I am always doubting everything – which is good. I got my own box of e-cloths and set out to see if they really worked. I made a batch of cinnamon rolls. As usual, I greased my counter. Then I rolled out my dough (on the counter). After shoving the rolls into the oven to bake I looked at my greasy, grimy counter that had bits of dough stuck to it along with sugar, butter, and grease.
I was doubtful that a cloth and only water could get up all that grease and slime.
Boy, I was surprised.
The e-cloth cleaned up everything and left my counters perfectly shined. Streak-free, grease-free, dirt-free – clean.
If you are like me, you have probably been using cotton cloths or towels and some spray cleaner to keep your surfaces clean.
Why e-cloths are better:
Cotton cloths and towels do not have the gripping power that microfiber does. Unfortunately, cotton mostly pushes dirt and germs around instead of eliminating them.
Chemicals are bad. If you are spraying your home with chemicals, I encourage you to stop. We Americans are slow to give up our bottles of toxins, but we need to for our health and the health of our children.
So many plastic bottles. Even if you are using non-toxic cleaning products there is still the problem of filling landfills. Good grief – there are so many plastic bottles everywhere. If I can reduce my contribution, that would be a good thing.
The e-cloths are even self-cleaning. After use, you can just rinse them with hot water from your sink and hang them to dry.
I use these to clean everything. Kitchen, bathroom, home, and even my body.
They clean anything and everything with JUST WATER. No more chemicals. No more plastic spray bottles. No more landfill plastic. This is glorious.
To learn more about eCloths go here.
A few reasons why I use e-cloths:
- I don’t want cancer.
- I want a safe, chemical free home. “It’s estimated that the average home contains about 63 synthetic chemicals for a total of about 10 gallons of hazardous material inside of just one home!” source
- I love the ease of being able to clean with just water. I don’t need a carpet cleaner, stain lifter, detergents, countertop cleaners, tile cleaner, bathroom cleaner, sprays or soap. Just an E-cloth and some water.
- I save money because I don’t have to buy cleaning products.
- Less plastic bottles in the world. By 2050 scientists think the oceans will have more plastic than fish (by weight)
And, like, they, totally, work. Man.
Let me encourage you to give them a try. If you like to wipe your counters with just a wet cloth (like me) you really need these -because if you are using a cotton washcloth or regular dish rag and just water – you are not getting things clean.
You can get a starter pack for $24.99 and simplify cleaning today (it’s a great deal – you get 5 cloths). Your home will be clean, germ-free, streak-free and chemical free.
I’ll probably be talking a bunch more about these products because I love them.
If you are a Norwex fan and wondering why I am touting e-cloths instead… I have several reasons:
- I don’t like MLM’s. I “Just say No” to all Multi-level-marketing or pyramid or network marketing styled organizations. Many bloggers are involved in this sort of business and they drive me crazy with their constant urges and sales tactics to get me to bite. I hope you respect the fact that I am not trying to get you to sell for me, work for me or start a business. You’re welcome. 🙂
- I want to use great products without the business. LOL
- e-cloths are just as effective (e-cloths were tested by the world-renowned Siliker lab and found to remove 99% of household bacteria). I could not find any published tests on Norwex.
- E-Cloth named “Best Microfiber” by Real Simple Magazine
- e-cloths cost ALOT less!
- e-cloths ship free!
Begin your toxin free journey today – check them out here.