Howdy! I’m Candi.
Welcome to FarmFreshForLife.com – where I take a fresh and somewhat radical approach to healthy living.
FarmFreshForLife.com is not your typical “healthy living” website. I am not only eating a real food diet – I am raising the foods I am eating.
You don’t have to buy a farm and grow all YOUR food to eat healthy. I am a believer that farms are optional but eating real foods is obtainable for all. There are all sorts places and people selling real food out there that is already dead. 🙂
FIRST THINGS FIRST
If you haven’t already, start by subscribing to my healthy newsletter.
Simply enter your email address & click “subscribe” below. You’ll get my Eating Guide free for signing up and weekly updates on living a real food, healthy life.
Want to ask me a Question! Head over to the Contact Me form & I’ll get back to you in a jiffy.
The Goal Here at FarmFreshForLife.com: Health, Wellness, Food
ONE: We were created to be healthy
I don’t want you to just live or survive…. I want you to be healthy.
I want you to live long. I want you to thrive. I want you to radiate.
I want you to live abundantly.
I believe that God has blessed us with powerful, nourishing, healing foods that can make our bodies healthy and strong. I believe we can give our bodies health by simply eating the right foods. Good foods. Whole foods. Real Foods.
TWO: We are missing out on the pleasure of food production
I encourage and applaud all of you who want to take part in the slow process of growing your own foods. You will reap many rewards if you do decide to take part in producing foods. Even if you just grow a little herb or salad garden or maybe just a couple of pots on the back deck, you will get satisfaction from the work. You will teach your family where food comes from. You will get sunshine, fresh air and exercise.
THREE: I want you to be in your kitchen.
Some of us are as far away from the cooking of the foods as we are growing it. Just like gardening, I think we are missing out on a great blessing. I want you to learn how to cook from scratch, make (nutritious) homemade baked goods and be able to take freshly picked produce and turn it into something magnificent for dinner.
My kitchen my happy place. Scratch cooking, lard rendering, butter churning and simple meal preparation are all duties I adore. These are not dreaded chores to me, they bring me joy, satisfaction and fill my cup.
FOUR: My Favorite 3 Topics:
- Growing food (garden) & Raising animals (meat)
- Living Healthy – The value of eating Real food – the importance of consuming real, local (as possible), fresh (as possible) foods. Health benefits, digestive benefits, nutritional content, environmental benefits and benefits to your local community and farming neighbors.
- How to Eat real food – cooking, preserving, canning, freezing and fabulous recipes.
Yup. That pretty much sums me up in the simplest way possible.
Whether you want to grow a couple of tomatoes in a pot, or move out to the middle of no where & be completely self-sufficient I am glad you are here. My hope is that we may be able to help and inspire each other along our journeys.
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter. There’s always something exciting going on around the farm & something delicious happening in the kitchen.
Simply enter your email address & click “subscribe” below. You’ll get the free Eating Guide for signing up. 🙂
For Free weekly updates, healthy living news & new recipes…. be sure to join the blog: By email (here) On Facebook (here) Via Twitter (here). I’ll send you all the latest & greatest homesteading news & tips.
Not sure where to start? Here’s some highlights:
- How to eat Bunches of Food & lose Weight
- Take Control of Your Food
- 8 Simple Food Changes with a Big Impact
- Eating Real Food Without a Farm
- Homesteaders Food Challenge – How I raised all my own food
- Health Benefits of Grass-fed Meat & Dairy Products
- Stay Healthy and Strong without Dieting
- 3 Ways to Eat Healthier this Week
- 5 Reasons to Can Your Own Food
In The Kitchen:
Home Bakery (Wheat-Grinding, Bread-Making & Healthy Gluten)
- The Home Mill – You should Grind Your Own flour – 4 HUGE Reasons
- Introduction to the Mill
- How to Start Grinding Your Own Flour – It’s easy, it’s healthy, it’s delicious
- How to Make Bread with Fresh flour
- Homemade Tortillas with Fresh Flour
- Challah Bread with Fresh Flour
- Pecan Sticky Buns with Fresh Flour
- Homemade Crackers with Fresh Flour
- Homemade Pasta with Fresh Flour
- Homemade Pizza Crust
- Slightly Sweet Slider Buns
- Why we Drink Raw Milk
- Health Benefits of Real Milk
- How to Make Butter
- Best Raw Milk Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate chip Ice Cream
- How to Skim milk, strain milk, and clean the milking machine
- Introduction to Canning & How to Make Blackberry Jelly
- How to Use a Pressure Canner & How to Can Green Beans
- How to Can Pickles – Fast, Easy, Taste like Claussen
- Making & Canning Spaghetti Sauce
- Homemade Fresh Pizza Sauce
- How to Can Tomatoes
- Canning Tomato Juice
- Canned Peaches
- Canned Peach Spice Jam
- Peach (or pear) Chutney
- Canned Peach Butter
- Strawberry Lime Marmalade
- Fiesta Garden Salsa
- How to Harvest, Cure & Store Onions
- How to Freeze Onions
- Freezing Peppers
- Venison backstrap with red wine pan sauce
- How to cook a deer leg
- Why You Should Make (and Eat) Bone Broth
- Make bone broth from beef or chicken bones
- Scalloped potatoes with cheese
- London Broil Teriyaki Style
- Rich, Hearty, Homemade Chili (with ground venison, beef or pork)
- Best Venison Burgers
- Spanish Sausage – Delightful!
- Baked Ham Steak
- Peach Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Creamed Spinach
- Crispy, Oven Baked, Sweet Potato Fries
- Tomato Pie – Great for Company!
- Wilted Salad with Bacon
In the Garden:
- Wanna See My Garden?
- Weed Free Gardening – 3 ways to avoid weeds
- Benefits of Raised Bed Gardening
- Raised Garden Beds – Pros & Cons
- How to Start Your Own Seeds Indoors
- Everything About Growing Sweet Potatoes
- How to Grow White Potatoes in a Home Garden
- How to Grow Tomatoes
- Build Your Own Tomato Cages
- How to Grow Onions
- How to Grow Sugar Snap Peas
- How to Plant Lettuce, Kale & radishes
- How to Grow Garlic
- How to Grow Asparagus
- Build Your Own Chicken Coop
- Composting – How to Turn Manure into Soil
- How to Keep chickens the red-neck way (without fences)
- How to Raise Pigs & Why You Should
- How to Tap maple trees & make syrup
- Build a Milk Barn You and Your Cow Will Love
- How to Build a Backyard Rabbit Hutch
- Chicken Advice No One Tells You
- Help! My Cow May Have Mastitis
- How to Milk a cow once a day
- How to Build a fence
- Butchering Backyard Chickens