10 Reasons you should make (and eat) bone broth.
I am not an expert on bone-broths. I make them all the time. I
eat drink them often. I know they are very good for me. I’m still learning about the many benefits.
It is pretty clear that we are living in a toxic world.
It is impossible to avoid all exposure to all the toxic chemicals around us. Our air, water, and food are all filled with chemicals. We have to be thinking about detox if we want to remain healthy. We can’t stop all the toxins from coming in, but we can take measures to flush them out. This is where homemade Bone-Broths come in.
Homemade bone broths are nothing like the thin, watery stuff sold in cans or cartons at the grocery store. Homemade bone-broths are nutrient rich, full-flavored and turn to jello in the refrigerator.
I’ve been doing a lot of reading lately about the making of, and eating of bone-broths. If you have never made your own it’s pretty simple. Just throw some bones, chopped veggies and vinegar into a pot &
cook simmer it to death. That’s it. I’ve found the longer you cook it the better it is for you.
To make some today:
Here’s 10 reasons to make and eat your own bone-broth:
- It will prevent nasty gastrointestinal bugs from attaching themselves to your gut (good-bye stomach flu!).
- Reduction of joint pain.
- Healing of ulcers.
- Help improve and heal arthritis.
- Aids digestion.
- It will help you stay well.
- Vital minerals in easy to absorb form including: calcium, silicon, sulphur, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, glycine, proline, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulfate, sulphates, and glucosamine.
- Helps cartilage, tendons and joints stay healthy.
- Studies have shown consuming bone-broth regularly may help you sleep better.
- It is an easy way to add more nutrition into your regular diet.
For the nerds (like me), here’s more:
- Homemade Bone-broths contain gelatin. Gelatin attracts digestive juices and prevents nasty gastrointestinal bugs from attaching themselves to your gut. Gelatin helps you digest. It reduces joint pain. It heals ulcers. Gelatin keeps you well.
- Homemade stock contains all the minerals that were found in the bones. The healthier the animal lived, the healthier the broth will be. Especially, if the animal was organic, grass-fed, and living in a pasture with exposure to sunlight. Bone-broth from this animal will contain: calcium, silicon, sulphur, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus , and more trace minerals.
- It contains Glycine – may help with sleep quality.
- It contains Proline – shows possible help with vision.
- Hyaluronic acid, Chondroitin, sulphates, and glucosamine – All these will aid arthritic-like issues; helping your cartilage, tendons and joints.
- Because bone-broth is typically cooked for long periods, the minerals found in it are easy for the body to absorb.
Consuming bone-broth frequently is an excellent choice. It can heal you. It can keep you well. It can prevent you from getting sick. It can flush out toxins.
All the benefits of consuming Bone Broth are not even known, as the experts are still discovering more all the time.
Get on the list to receive all the latest stories, updates and country tid-bits by subscribing to the blog via email (here).
Stay Healthy Everyone!