If you are in the middle of peach-season, like me, here is another great way to eat and preserve peaches.
For all the details with pictures go here.
Here’s the short version:
- Wash peaches & remove pits (no need to peel)
- Use your hands to squish them to mush
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Add some sugar & lemon juice to taste
- Use an immersion wand to turn the peaches into peach sauce – skim off foam
- Ladle into ice-cube trays & freeze
4 hours later she had a cool, summer treat:
This may be the best way to eat peaches.