During our peach butter cooking marathon one of my daughters decided she just couldn’t wait any longer to get her mouth on the fresh summer goodness.
She grabbed a few ladles of the peach-sauce, just after I pureed it with the immersion wand.
And she did this:
Into the freezer it went.
If you’re not sure how she got the peach sauce to begin with you can go read the whole post here.
Here’s the short version:
- Wash peaches & remove pits (no need to peel)
- Use your hands to squish them to mush
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Add some sugar & lemon juice to taste
- Use an immersion wand to turn the peaches into peach sauce – skim off foam
- Ladle into ice-cube trays & freeze
4 hours later she had a cool, summer treat:
This may be the best way to eat peaches.
To. Die. For.
To get weekly updates, tips and recipes subscribe via email (here).