Juicing for Disease Prevention & Cure
Well, I lost another 1/2 pound.
It’s not much, but I’ll take it!
Welcome to a diary of food and adventure. My goal is to lose 5 pounds in 10 days – returning me to my ‘normal’ weight and getting all the fat rolls out of my armpits.
If you would like to go back to be beginning here’s what you’ve missed:
- If Anyone’s Interested – The 5 Pound Problem & the Plan
- Day 1: 6 Reasons to Juice
- Day 2: Why Juice Instead of Smoothies
- Day 3: Juicing Helps & Tips – How to get the Most from Your Juice
It is undeniable that juicing is amazing for health and wellness.
I was a part of the “Juicing is a Myth” clan for years. I just thought that juicing was a waste of time. I thought it would cost me a bunch of money and honestly… I believed that it was better to eat the whole fruit instead of just drinking the juice.
The truth is that YES – fruits and vegetables are extremely nutritious when they are eaten whole. However, juicing does something for us whole foods can never do.
- Juice doesn’t need to go through the 2 hour process of digestion so it goes straight to our blood stream.
- It allows us to consume the nutritional equivalent of pounds of produce.
- It gives us an avenue to consume fruits and vegetables we would otherwise probably not eat (like: lemons, limes, cranberries, beets, fresh ginger, etc)
- It gives us a nutritional shot. Fresh juice is incredibly concentrated with enzymes, vitamins and antioxidants.
“In order for our bodies to remain healthy they need to be properly nourished. In the case of many diseases and cancers, diet plays a starring role. Our bodies were designed by God to heal, we just must give them the fuel they need to be healthy. The fastest and best way to nourish our body is to drink fresh juice.” [Black, Paula. Life, Cancer and God. Black Eagle Publishing Inc. 2014]
“One of the most healthful properties of juicing is that it allows your body to easily assimilate key enzymes, vitamins, petrochemicals, antioxidants, and minerals. In whole fruits and vegetables, these nutrients are trapped in indigestible fiber, which prevents them from being immediately assimilated by the body.” [Jacobs, Carole. The Everything Juicing Book. Adams Media, 2010. pp 11]
Juicing for Disease Prevention and Cure
- Juicing can boost immune function and increase immunity to colds, viruses and other infectious diseases.
- Juicing encourages regular bowel movements. Have a “regular” digestive system promotes health. A sluggish or constipated gut is a home for many health problems.
- Juicing can help normalize sleep. Getting enough rest is mandatory to health. The immune system repairs and recharges while we sleep.
- Juicing increases energy and stamina.
- Juicing can help bone density helping people suffering with osteoporosis.
- Juicing may even be the fountain of youth. Visible signs of aging can be slowed with juicing. The high concentration of antioxidants fights the damaging effects the environment has on skin.
- Juicing helps keep muscles well toned.
- “A study conducted by Vanderbilt University showed that drinking fresh juice more than 3 times a day can dramatically decrease your chances of developing Alzheimer’s.” [Jacobs, Carole. The Everything Juicing Book. Adams Media, 2010. pp 14]
- “The natural medicine in nature’s juices can help prevent cancer, halt tumor growth, and destroy cancer cells. Type 2 diabetics who incorporate juicing into their daily regimens often find they can go off or dramatically decrease their insulin medication… juicing can reverse blocked arteries, clear out the cardiovascular system and prevent heart attacks.” [Jacobs, Carole. The Everything Juicing Book. Adams Media, 2010. pp 12]
The more I learn about fresh juice, the more committed I am to juicing. There are so many benefits.
If you would like to hear some amazing stories about juicing I recommend these books:
In this book the author tells how she beat advanced stage cancer. Her approach included her faith, healthy living choices and LOTS of juicing.
This story is amazing. Basically he was fat, sick and nearly dead. I’m not sure if I am getting this 100 percent accurate – so bare with me…. but he basically lost 100 pounds in 60 days by juicing. He changed his heath and his life.
3 cups of coffee
Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks
I prefer to make all my juices early in the day and store them in the refrigerator or coolers until I drink them. I know that it is best to make each juice fresh, right when you plan to drink it. This would be very hard for most of us. We have busy lives, jobs and children that all require our time.
If I were fighting cancer or some sort of life-threatening disease, I would turn to fresh juice – and drink it as it came out of my juicer.
Since I am just after ongoing health, I make all my juices mid-morning and store them in airtight containers. This allows me to juice once, clean up once and drink juice all day long.
Today I drank 6 juices. 4 green juices and 2 red/orange (carrot or beet based).
I also ate a pomegranate and a cup of bing cherries.
Since we were out of town for Christmas, our family celebrated tonight. We ate like kings and I am not sorry. For dinner I had: beef tenderloin, broccoli cheese casserole, roasted sweet potatoes, and I personally ate half of a brie cheese wheel… single-handedly.
The weigh-in tomorrow should be interesting. 🙁